Monday, July 19, 2010

Working in my art journal



I've had a busy week with my dad suddenly taken to hospital on Wednesday with a high fever and being very confused. He ripped out his drip 5 times! Luckily the fever dissappeared overnight and he could leave the hospital the next day. But he still was very confused!
On Friday there was a bonescan planned and he had to go there with an ambulance. I went with him because he was still confused and very tired. The doctors wanted to get him the bonescan as soon as possible because of the pain he has from the cancer, so that's why they decided to let him have the bonescan despite his condition. Luckily he's doing much better now!

However I was feeling very tired over the weekend and decided I needed a break and do something I like to do and which gives me energy and pleasure. So, yesterday I started working in my art journal again. It'll be a page about love and freedom, two very important words to me!

I also went to see a friend who recently was on a holiday in Denmark. Her sister also dropped by and she used to work with my son so it was nice talking to her too!

When I went for a walk I stopped by a small birdsnest that Cor's dog molested on Sunday, hurting one of the still naked birdies. I managed to repare the nest and put it back on a small branch in between the stinging nettles with the 2 birdies in it. Today I discovered that there was only one birdy left and that the mother was still taking care of her little one.

2 comments:

Jenny Bergvall said...

Beautiful AJ-page!

Marit said...

Je art journal page is prachtig Anniek! Inderdaad: love and freedom. Het spat van de pagina af! En wat bijzonder dat de moedervogel nog steeds haar jong verzorgd, dat hoor je niet vaak nadat het nest gemolesteerd geweest is!