Monday, January 07, 2008

In memoriam


I had to say goodbye to my cousin Mieke today! She died peacefully in her sleep on the morning of the first day of this year, after suffering from a braintumor for a couple of months.
It was such a great service! She and her family are members of the New Apostolic Church (?). Maybe that had something to do with it or maybe it was because she was a remarkable woman, but there was so much love and gratitude and joy during the service and afterwards.

My cousin was 20 years older then me and it was just the last couple of years that I met her frequently at my parents birthdays. She was always very kind to me and she gave me this feeling of being somebody. During the service I learned that this was her special gift. The service was as she has been: uplifting!

Bye, bye sweet Mieke, see you in heaven!


2 comments:

corinne5 said...

gecondoleerd meid.
zal een kaarsje voor haar branden.

corinnexxx

M@risk@ said...

Gecondoleerd met het verlies, je zult haar zeker missen. Heel veel sterkte en denk aan de momenten die je met haar hebt kunnen delen.