Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remember 9/11


My daily something of today is about what happened 6 years ago! Every year on this day I think about all the families that have lost their loved ones in the attack on the WTC, Pentagon and the plaincrash in Pennsylvania.

I shall never forget what happened that day! I was waiting for Oprah to start on Dutch television when they started to show live images from NY about the first attack. And then there was the second attack, live! My heart stopped for a moment. Couldn't believe what I saw! I felt miserable for days!

Ever since that day I have lived with a certain fear about the possibility of similar attacks over here in the Netherlands.

Today I read about turning this day into a day of good deeds. I think that's a great idea! Instead of reliving that day remembering the fear, it's more positive to help out other people that are in need.

No comments: