Sunday, September 02, 2007

Flower Corso Eelde 2007


Yesterday afternoon I went to see the Flower Corso in Eelde, a village nearby. It's the biggest event for the villagers every year since 1956 (one year before I was born). They work for months on the parade-carriages and there are a lot of volunteers needed that can make this happen. Imagine all the flowers that they have to stick on the figures on the parade-carriages with needles, on the last day before the parade! Some people had to work through all night!

The theme this year was: World-famous. I have seen some very pretty carriages!

I took a lot of photos but I wasn't in a really good spot. There were so many people that it was hard to find a spot where I could take better photos.

I can't tell you which carriage won, because I left after they made the first tour around the village. Because of the fibro I can't stand for a long period of time. Even this one hour was too much for my muscles. I'm feeling very tired right now. But it was nice that I saw this parade. I hadn't been there for years!

No comments: