Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shame on me ...







... for not keeping you updated about my life!
A lot of things have happened these last few months and by times I feel exhausted and not in the mood to sit down and write something on my blog. I make an effort today to tell you about what is going on lately!

The bad news is that the cancer is spreading further in my dad's body and he's on morphine now. If that's not helping enough he has to get radiation. The wound on his back is healing nicely but it is still a large wound. His therapy is going great!! He can walk in between the wooden barres by himself and they have also started to let him walk behind his rollator. We keep up hope that he and my mom will end up living together in a home for elderly people. My mom doesn't like to be alone and she asks a lot of my attention.

My son is doing okay but is giving me a lot of headaches. The school he was in for the last couple of years doesn't want him anymore. He missed out on his exams this year! They want me to put him in a special school for kids with behaviour problems. I'm not thrilled about those schools for kids with autism because there are a lot of kids with acting out behaviour who are using drugs and alcohol and whom are using the kids with autism for their criminal activities. I've heard that about 70-80% of the kids with autism attending these schools end up with a criminal record. That's not what I have in mind for my son!

My relationship with Cor is still standing strong and I love him to pieces!! We both like to do things outside and go to concerts. Last Wednesday we went to a concert of Deva Premal, Miten and Manose in Almere together. I have been to their concert last year with some friends but Cor also wanted to hear them sing live. It was great to hear them sing again!
And we also went to see a Dutch singer a couple of weeks ago. Her name is Jenny Lane and she gave a fab live performance in Groningen. I just had to buy her cd called Monsters after the concert and she signed it! Just go here to see a video I made during the concert!

My creative activities like painting and scrapbooking are on the hold for some time now. I have just recently started crochet because this is something I can take and do everywhere. My dad's not much of a talker and it's very calming to sit with him and work on my bed cover.

Photos:
  1. Jenny Lane in Groningen
  2. Deva Premal, Miten and Manose
  3. Orchids near Cor's house
  4. Cor's house with the orchids at the front
  5. A Squirrel in a tree behind my house
  6. A cormorant drying his/her wings near Cor's house

3 comments:

Jenny Bergvall said...

So sad to hear about all the tuff stuff in your life. But so glad for you to have Cor in it to lean your head too when the tuff gets going. He seamse to be such a great guy for you. The other weekend we in my summer house we opened up the wine. Thank you ;-)
Are you comming back to sweden soon? ;-)
Have the best summer you can! LOVE JEnny

Marit said...

Fijn dat je ons weer even "update" - maar niet allemaal even leuk nieuws... veel sterkte met je vader en het zoeken van een school voor je zoon... ik sluit me aan bij Jenny: hab de best mogelijke zomer!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.