Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Scrap-A-Licious 2009




Edited: Is there anyone who has more black home pages of Birgit's workshop in her possession then she should have? I found out I miss 3 pages of the mini album, the ones with the windows and the back. So please let me know if you have found them!
Let me tell you first that I had lots of fun at Scrap-A-Licious in Veghel this past weekend!! Make sure you'll be there next time! The kits were just great and worth while every penny! You can still buy some of the kits and even do something for a good cause. Just go to Monique Helfrich's blog over here.
Scrap-A-Licious started on Friday afternoon and went on till Sunday afternoon. There were 4 workshops by different teachers every day. It was sorry to hear that Nancy van de Berg couldn't come on Friday, but Corinne replaced her and had made some very nice cards.
On Friday, Saturday and Sunday there were several shops with scrapbook supplies. Of course I couldn't resist buying some new stuff to work with. I bought several colors of spray ink and some new stamps. Saturday evening there was a crop with a lottery. I won 2 prizes! I didn't stay till the end because I felt really tired.
On Sunday I bought some more scrapbook supplies and I did a make and take at the stand of Joan Gevaert, making a metal foil embellishment. I thought that was fun and so I bought the tool set and some metal foil. Joan has some great workshops coming up soon working with this technique, so check it out! (you have to register though to be able to see some photos of the projects!) I really like the Gothic frame!!!
Because Birgit was kind enough to offer me a ride back home (she's living nearby my village) I had to leave early and wasn't able to take Martha's workshop. I took some photo's of her layout though and Corinne is also making a PDF of her workshop (all of the workshops actually!!).

But when we were still working on Dina's project somebody came to tell Birgit that some hooligans smashed the window of her car and took out the build-in navigation system. So that was a big bummer!! With the help of her husband, who looked on the internet for a company nearby Veghel that could repare the window immediately, Birgit and I drove to Heesch. Luckily the people from the conference center where Scrap-A-Licious was held, helped us with covering up the broken window so that it wasn't that cold in the car. In Heesch we had to wait for over an hour before we could finally return home.

I felt exhausted and I still feel exhausted!! But I really wouldn't have missed it! Learned some new great techniques and met some really nice people. There even were some woman from Sweden and Israel. Some of them stayed over in the same B&B in Veghel as I did and we had breakfast together. I have the links of the blogs of 2 of the woman, Jenny Bergvall and Meri, so go and check them out. They really make nice stuff!!

I only managed to finish one project (Jo Anne's) of the 12 workshops. I know, I'm a very slow scrapper!! To give you an impression of the weekend and all the projects made by the different teachers, I made some mosaics. Just click on the photo to enlarge it!


1 comment:

Alice said...

Supeleuke foto's en projecten! Geniet er maar van.

Rustig aan ;).

Groeten Alice