Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Acupuncture


This morning I went to see my acupuncturist. I went there with my mother who's also been treated with acupuncture since a couple of weeks. I get treated very regularly. In the past every week, than every other week and finally every 4 weeks. But whenever the pain because of the fibro gets worse I go back to every week.

Normally you don't feel the needles when they are placed in your skin but I feel them very often. Especially when I feel very stressed. Last week it was terrible. I could hit the man for hurting me with every needle. Today he explained that it was probably due to the fact that I was really upset and stressed out about what happened on Monday. It felt better today. I didn't feel every needle, just a few.

When I went to this man for the first time a couple of years ago, I had major problems with my left shoulder. I couldn't lift my arm further than horizontal and it hurt all the time. I was feeling miserable. According to another doctor I had to do some exercises 3 times a day. The pain however got worse and worse and I felt the exercises weren't helping me at all. When I told the doctor that it was getting worse and not better, he told me that I was an affected person. That's when I decided to go to the acupuncturist. It took a while but after a couple of months I could lift my arm above my head again and behind my back. However, the shoulder still feels sore and sometimes even painful but I suppose that's because of the fibro.

No comments: